Our classes offer a unique blend of traditional yoga practices of mindfulness, physical activity, social skills games, story telling, music and creative arts to educate the “Whole” child. They are non-competitive and non-judgemental. We provide a safe and nurturing environment where the children learn to respect themselves, others and the environment.
- Breathing techniques which help develop self-control, calmness and a connection to their feelings, preparing them for learning.
- Yoga poses/sequences to release physical and emotional energy, improve physical fitness, increase flexibility and enhance self confidence, develop a sense of grounding and concentration skills.
- Social skills games to develop trust, communication, teamwork, compassion and personal strength.
- Healthy living lessons to promote healthy life habits around food, exercise and other life choices.
- Relaxation to reduce stress, develop imagination and positive thoughts, encourage stillness through which they can become aware of their thoughts, emotions and bodies.